Pages

Friday, August 23, 2013

Veggie Tales: Day 7




Our last day!  We went out with a bang with Eggplant Dirty Rice from Amateur Gourmet.  Our friend Michelle recommended it to us, and it was just as awesome as promised.  Thanks Michelle!



I put a lot of effort putting all these eggplant cubes in this bowl.

One thing to note is make sure you have enough liquid in the pot.  We didn't have enough, so it burned on the bottom and the rice didn't get cooked all the way.  We added more and cooked a little bit longer, and it was fine.  It might also have to do with the fact that I'm not used to my new stove, but I thought I would mention.

Also, if you're a total cooking newb like me, make sure there is enough room in oven for the pot...

Alvin (holding the giant Dutch oven): Did you move the oven racks?
Me: No.  I'm sure it will be fine.
Cue the noise of the top of the pot scraping my oven.

To my defense, it did fit... it just made a terrible noise.



We even made the discovery that Jacob will eat celery!  Today was certainly a productive day.




The recipe was insanely easy to follow and delicious.  I recommend it to anyone, even if you're not a vegan.  Not only that, it made great left overs.  It reheats well and tastes just like it did when you first made it.  I was the envy of everyone in my office.


That's it for our week of vegan!  When Alvin turned it from a week of vegetarian to week of vegan, I didn't think I could to it.  To be fair, we've only been eating vegan dinners... I was still eating my morning breakfast sausage.  Look forward to an interview with Alvin himself to see how he liked the experience.

Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment